JOB TITLE: Helpline Advisor
SALARY: £31,774, pro-rata inc. ILW (actual: £19,064)
HOURS: 21 hours weekly
CLOSING DATE: Friday 10th September 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: Friday 17th September 2021
JOB TITLE: Sessional Helpline Advisors
SALARY: £17 per hour
HOURS: Variable, 3 hours will be offered as minimum.
CLOSING DATE: Applicants are encouraged to apply early, applications will be considered as they come in and interviews will be organised on an ad-hoc basis.
We are looking for one experienced, part-time Helpline Advisor and two Sessional Advisors to join our highly skilled, friendly team supporting service users by phone, email and webchat on our national helplines, run by Respect:
- Men’s Advice Line, for male victims of domestic abuse
- Respect Phoneline, for domestic abuse perpetrators
We want to hear from individuals who thrive on helping people and have a passion to end domestic abuse.
The successful candidates will have:
- An understanding of the nature of domestic abuse
- Experience of domestic-abuse related client work
- Experience in providing information, advice and support by telephone, email, and webchat in a helpline environment
To find out more details and to apply, please visit the Respect website:
Policy and External Affairs Manager
Salary: £28,000 p.a. (pro rata of FTE £35,000)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Interviews: To be held virtually
Helplines Partnership is at a very exciting time. We are currently working on our new three-year strategy and require an experienced and highly motivated Policy and External Affairs Manager to spearhead our future policy projects.
Like everyone, we will be facing the challenges of Covid and its impacts in a time of great uncertainty for public health and the public health system. It is hard to imagine a more vital time for our Policy and External Affairs function.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Interest and experience with impact and outcomes.
- A proven track record in changing policy, practice and the world
- Strong public affairs and media instincts
- Tenacious and resilient with the ability to identify and deal with issues, seeing them through to resolution.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A company pension scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata) rising with length of service
- Organisational commitment to supporting the health and wellbeing of our employees
- HLP is committed to equality of opportunity
The full role profile can be found here
This is a part-time position, 30 hours per week on a permanent contract. It is home-based with some travel for meetings, as and when required, in line with government guidelines.
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter stating the position you are applying for to email@example.com
Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
No contact from agencies or media sales.
As a member of Helplines Partnership, your organisation can benefit from advertising job vacancies in a bespoke e-bulletin or on the website at discounted rates.