Senior Marketing and Communications Lead – Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
Salary - £33,000 PA
This is an exciting position for an exceptional communicator with digital skills who wants to work for a high-profile charity and be part of a well-established, small, friendly team.
We are seeking to significantly grow our reach, membership, stakeholder base and campaigns through digital channels. You will enhance Helpline Partnership’s (HLP’s) reputation and profile through social media and digital engagement. The central objective of the role is to produce original, persuasive digital content and deploy it across multiple channels.
The ideal candidate will be
- able to produce creative social media content with a particular awareness around charity sector engagement
- able to explore new and innovative techniques
- self-motivated and able to work by themselves as well as collaboratively with colleagues and digital partners
- experience in managing a website
- flexible, diligent and be able to effectively manage a busy schedule
- positive, proactive and solution focussed, who is a real team player
We are looking for a candidate capable of leading projects on time and managing budgets. You will work across the different departments to ensure our outputs are member led and delivered to a high standard.
You can view the full Job Description here.
The role is permanently home based, travel throughout the UK will also feature.
To apply for this position, please send your cv with a covering letter explaining your interest in and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 15 January 2023 at 9.00 am however interviews will be held as applications come in and the advert may close early. All interviews will be conducted virtually
Helplines Standard Co-ordinator and Assessor (22.5 hours per week)
Salary: £18,398 p.a. (£30,663 FTE)
This is an exciting position, with room for development, for an exceptionally well-organised individual who wants to work for a high-profile charity and be part of a well-established, small, friendly team.
Our members and stakeholders are at the heart of our organisation. The Helplines Standard is a nationally recognised quality standard which defines and accredits best practice in helpline work.
As a Co-ordinator and Assessor you will oversee, promote and deliver the Helplines Standard certification process to our existing members and potential members. As Helplines Partnership (HLP) aims to raise the standards within the sector, you will expand and strengthen the pipeline of new organisations seeking to be certified. You will also enhance HLP’s reputation and profile through member and non-member engagement.
The ideal candidate will
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to manage priorities within tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues
- Be positive, flexible, approachable and adaptable
- Have the ability to demonstrate initiative and have a creative approach to development
- Previous helpline experience may be an advantage
The role is permanently home based, travel throughout the UK and the Republic of Ireland will be required.
We offer a company pension scheme and attractive staff benefits including 25 days’ annual leave rising with length of service, free life assurance and an employee assistance programme. HLP is committed to equality of opportunity.
This is a part-time role, 22.5 hours per week on a permanent contract.
Interviews will be held virtually
Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
No contact from agencies or media sales. Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: Please be aware that we will be scheduling interviews as the applications come in.